Consultation, diagnostic report and full retraining programme £150
What you get
- A full one to one consultation at your yard (usually lasting upto 2 hours)
- If it is safe to do so, a ridden/handling assessment
- Health and safety advice
- Husbandry advice
- A full written report of my diagnosis
- A full step by step personalised retraining programme (if needed)
- Constant support via phone and email
- Long term results you can trust
If I think the problem may be related to pain I may advice you to have your vet assess your horse before my visit. I would also advice that you only use a saddler that is a member of the Society of Master Saddlers.
The consultation will start with an interview with you where I will get as much information about your horse's history, husbandry and exercise regime. Then an assessment of the presenting problem. I will only assess the horse in an enviroment which is safe to do so and will only ask you to do as much as you feel confident and happy in doing with regards to riding and handling.
Sometimes it might only take a few simple husbandry changes to solve the problem in which case a full retraining programme may not be necessary.I will teach you how to understand your horse's body language so you understand exctly how the retraining programme will work and I will explain the reasons why I advise you to make any husbandry or handling techniques.
Assisted training sessions £20 per hour (plus milage)
This is for when you need a little bit extra help with your retraining programme although I wil try and make sure you are happy and confident with my advice before the end of the initial consultation.
"Understanding your horse" one to one session £70 (plus milage)
This is a 2hr session with you and your horse in and out of the saddle. Perfect for you if you want:
- A happy and harmonious relationship with your horse
- To understand your horse better
- Be able to comunicate with your horse in a way he understands
- Confidence boost with a new horse
- Regain your confidence after a fall or a break from riding
- Confidence boost with handling a youngster
- Confiidence boost with handling or riding a horse that has had time off
During these sessions I will teach you how to read your horse's body language so you understand why he does certain things, and how you can use certain handling techniques which are in a way speaking to him in a language he understands.